Electrical service ensures a safe and dependable car or truck. Our skilled auto mechanics are trained to identify and repair electrical needs.
On-board computers, modules and sensors all require a stable electrical system. The heart of a vehicle is its alternator, which keeps the battery charged and supplies all the electrical needs.
Often, electrical system repairs are simple and easy.
Signs of Electrical Issues
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms we recommend a visit to the auto repair shop:
- Vehicle won’t start – when turning your key, you hear a clicking, grinding, or no sound at all
- Check engine light illuminated
- Dashboard or interior lights don’t illuminate properly
- Headlights dim while you’re traveling at low speeds, or while idling at a stop
- Speedometer and RPMs not reading
At Dulles South Chantilly Automotive, we keep up with the design and components of the electrical systems in cars and trucks. We invest in current equipment, technology, and training to ensure we can perform the most expedient and quality electrical service.
Our highly skilled auto mechanics maintain and service your electrical system. We identify, diagnose, and repair your electrical system issues. This service ensures the reliability and safety of your vehicle.
To ensure that your electrical systems are in the best possible working condition, this service may include:
- Visual inspection of your battery and condition of its case
- Battery testing and replacement
- Examination and cleaning of electrical cable connections
- Engine diagnostics for complex electrical problems
- Inspecting and testing battery, alternator, starter, headlights, windshield wipers, gauges, clock, power windows, power locks and all other electronic components
Today’s car batteries last between three and seven years. To avoid the surprise of a car that won't start or another electrical issue, we recommend having your car battery replaced every four years.