Here in Northern Virginia we can't be without car air conditioning!
An air conditioning system that is fully operational is important to a comfortable ride. If your AC isn’t working properly, there is either a mechanical or electrical failure, or the refrigerant has leaked out of the system.
Diagnostic testing allows us to confirm what is causing your AC or heating problems.
There are many things that can cause your car's air conditioning and heating system to fail or function below normal. We can remedy them all.
Air Conditioning Service at Dulles South Chantilly Automotive
The following is an overview of the service you will receive:
- Check for refrigerant/coolant leaks
- Check and correct pressures to test operation of system, verify refrigerant levels and record vent temperatures
- Refill refrigerant and lubrication levels and inspect for further leaks
- Inspect system controls and blower
- Inspect compressor drive belt and tensioner
- Check all electrical and mechanical components for correct operation
- Examine and clean or replace the filter
Clogged filters are a common cause of blocked airflow. If we can increase a vehicle’s efficiency by simply cleaning or replacing the filter, we do it.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Recommendations
Similar to the maintenance of your home heat and air systems, we recommend that you have your auto AC and heating systems checked at least annually. Have your systems checked immediately if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Declining interior cooling and or heating abilities
- Empty coolant reservoir
- Visible leaking
- Noticeable burning, smells, or odors
- Lack of cool air coming from AC or hot air from heat
- Strange sounds when turning on your HVAC controls
We can help you to determine the cause of any of these issues. We'll let you know what is happening and give you options for the repair.